This 7 week course is open to adult students registered with the Hastings Prince Edward District School Board Quinte Adult Education program. Students must be over 21 and within reach of completing their secondary diploma and have a desire to attend postsecondary studies. Students will attend Loyalist College twice per week, and upon successful completion will earn both a secondary course credit (HHI 4T) and a college credit (SSWP 1001). The course will be taught by a Loyalist College instructor and supported by an HPEDSB secondary teacher.
The course, Principles of Adult Learning, will examine the importance of life-long learning – both formal and informal. Students will assess their own learning style, discover different approaches to learning, explore a variety of learning environments, investigate barriers to learning, and participate in a personalized learning project.
Tuesdays and Thursdays February 4 - March 12, 2020 9:00am – 12:30pm
- Free tuition for this college course
- No cost for texts, materials etc.
- Assistance with transportation may be available
- Parking fees at college waived
- Costs of university or college application process is waived
- Postsecondary transition counselling
- Use of Loyalist College facilities
- Secondary credit can be applied to OSSD requirements
- College credit may be used in postsecondary program of study and may be transferred to other colleges
Enrollment is limited to 16 spaces and is on first come basis for those eligible. Complete application form, attach secondary transcript and Individualized Education plan if applicable and return to Quinte Adult Ed. The secondary teacher will contact applicants to discuss status of registration and next steps.
For more information please contact:
Eleanor MacNiven Hoecht, Pathways Coordinator, HPEDSB